Preview: Fashion’s Night Out in Midtown | Arts & Culture
Fashion's Night Out (FNO) is a global initiative launched in 2009 in a partnership between American Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company, and the City of New York to celebrate fashion, restore consumer confidence and boost the industry's economy during the recession. For the second year, Atlanta is an official host city of FNO, joining hundreds of cities across the globe with fashion shows, pop-up shops, music and more.
The week will kick off when Tyson Beckford, Kenny Lattimore and Judy Mauldin launch Fashion's Night Out Atlanta with "A Night to Remember" on Tuesday, Sept. 6th. To honor those who paved the way for African Americans on the catwalk and in the ateliers, they will welcome and recognize the legendary Bethann Hardison as well as celebrate the late fashion designer Willi Smith. Nationally renowned designer, and soon-to-be HGTV star of Design Wars, Michael Habachy is lending his considerable talent transform the Atlantic Station venue into a luxurious space filled with celebrities and trendsetters. Tickets are available on www.antrfashion.org.
- 9/8 - FNO Movies in Central Park, Steel Magnolias
- 9/9 - FNO Pop-up Shops and "Friday Night Live" free concert in Central Park
- 9/10 - FNO Pop-up Shops and free screening of Devil Wears Prada in Central Park
Midtown Pop Up Shops
Peachtree Street in Midtown will host several Pop Up Shops during Fashion's Night Out. Vendors will range from custom vintage-inspired dresses to urban art to modern decor.
- Michael Habachy & Guests at 999 Peachtree Gallery
- Local Jewelry & Fashion Pop Up: Lisa Jill, Pieces of Me and Olive
- Streetela: An Urban Art Platform at Metropolis
Thursday, September 8th
Coca-Cola Store Atlantic Station 1380 Atlantic Drive, Suite 14250 Atlanta, GA 30363
6:00pm to 11:00pm - Will showcase the 2011 designer collaborations in celebration of its 125th year anniversary.
Modern Luxury has partnered with FNO and Atlantic Station to do a pop-up shop.
VIP Preview Kick off party
6:00pm to 11:00pm
A full list of all pop up shops and locations can be found at http://www.atlanta.net/Fashion/index.html
*There will be a free shuttle, the "FNO Freeway," to transport shoppers between Atlantic Station, Midtown and the Westside Provisions District. Shuttles will run from 6-9 p.m. on 9/8 and 9/9 and noon-6 p.m. on 9/10.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running