Roswell event to offer free Alzheimer’s Sensitivity Training Program | Health
ROSWELL, Ga. -- Consumers interested in experiencing first-hand the impact of Alzheimer’s disease are invited to attend a free sensitivity training event on January 31 in Roswell.
Presented by Second Wind Dreams, the Atlanta-based nonprofit changing the perception of aging, the event will give the public the opportunity to experience The Virtual Dementia Tour®, a 20-minute long scientifically proven method of building a greater understanding of dementia through the use of sensory tools and instruction.
Local families, business leaders, first responders, and church groups are invited to join with the more than 500,000 people in 14 countries who have experienced the tour.
Sessions will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, at the Holiday Inn at 909 Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell. Reservations are suggested and can be made by contacting Candice Beaty of Second Wind Dreams at Candice@secondwind.org or 678-624-0500.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds