MIDTOWN | 9/11 memorial architect to speak at Ga. Tech | News
ATLANTA -- The architect of the National September 11 Memorial in New York City will speak at Georgia Tech.
Michael Arad, a Tech alum, will lecture Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the Reinsch-Pierce Family Auditorium. The event is free and open to the public.
Arad's design includes two 30-feet deep reflecting pools in the footprints of the World Trade Center towers. The names of the victims in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks are etched in bronze panels around the pools.
RELATED | 9/11 memorial logs 1,000,000 visitors
The memorial was dedicated on the 10th anniversary of the attacks. A museum and pavilion are expected to open in September.
Arad's design was selected in 2004 out of more than 5,200 entries from 63 nations.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running