MIDTOWN | Romney planning Atlanta fundraiser | News
ATLANTA -- Campaign officials say Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is planning a fundraiser in Atlanta ahead of Georgia's GOP primary.
The event is scheduled for Wednesday evening at the W Hotel Midtown.
Newt Gingrich's camp hopes his connections in the state put him in a strong position to win a major share of the 76 delegates up for grabs in Georgia -- the biggest prize of the 10 contests on Super Tuesday.
Gingrich aides aren't taking Georgia for granted. Gov. Nathan Deal led a conference call with hundreds of Gingrich supporters last week, and the campaign expects volunteers to fly in from other states to supplement the paid staffers as the primary nears.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running