Farmers donate eggs to help feed needy families | News
ATLANTA -- Rose Acres Farms, a United Egg Producer member farm, will be donating 43,200 eggs to the Atlanta Community Food Bank on Thursday afternoon.
According to the Atlanta Community Food Bank, one in eight people will receive help in 2-12 from Feeding America or one of it's member food banks and eggs are always a "prized item" for food banks due to their dense nutritional and high protein content.
2012, this the fifth year the United Egg Producers and Feeding America are teaming up to fight against hunger.
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is located at 732 Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard in Northwest Atlanta.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running