Suspicious packages shut down Midtown streets | News
ATLANTA -- Atlanta Police shut down a portion of West Peachtree Street Thursday morning while they checked out two suspicious packages.
The two duffle bags were discovered at around 6:45 a.m. near the corner of West Peachtree and 8th streets.
Bomb-sniffing dogs were brought to the scene. Atlanta Fire spokeswoman Laura Alexander said the dogs determined the bags were not dangerous.
Police re-opened the road about an hour after it was first closed.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running