Suspicious packages shut down Midtown streets | News
ATLANTA -- Atlanta Police shut down a portion of West Peachtree Street Thursday morning while they checked out two suspicious packages.
The two duffle bags were discovered at around 6:45 a.m. near the corner of West Peachtree and 8th streets.
Bomb-sniffing dogs were brought to the scene. Atlanta Fire spokeswoman Laura Alexander said the dogs determined the bags were not dangerous.
Police re-opened the road about an hour after it was first closed.
Top Midtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fire burns at 50-year-old Atlanta business
- GSU's top rookie Merrigan, First-Team SS Prain highlight All-CAA selections
- Formula: Graduation rate soars among Georgia high school students
- Braves, other MLB teams wearing camo uniforms for Memorial Day
- Exclusive Interview: Chrisette Michele opens up about her new look, new book and new music