Kids shop with a cop | News
ATLANTA -- Our men and women in blue became heroes Wednesday for some children in need.
The International Brotherhood of Police Officers hosted its annual 'santa cop" event.
Several Atlanta police officers who participated took kids, ages 5 to 13, to Target at Atlantic Station on a shopping spree for Christmas.
Without the generosity of the organization, these children would not have a joyous holiday.
The fun didn't end with shopping. The officers also took the kids to the Hard Rock Café on Peachtree Street for breakfast.
Officers say it feels good to give back to the community and make this Christmas an unforgettable one for the children.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running