Jackets remain unbeaten at home | News
Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Marcus Georges-Hunt scored 16 points to help lead the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets past the Chattanooga Mocs, 74-58, in non- conference action at McCamish Pavilion.
Robert Carter, Jr. tallied a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds for Georgia Tech (10-2), which has won all six games on its current homestand. Mfon Udofia added 14 points in the triumph, while Kammeon Holsey chipped in 10 points from off the bench.
For Chattanooga (5-9), Farad Cobb and Z. Mason each netted 14 points, while Drazen Zlovaric put up 10 points and six boards.
Neither team shot greater than 35 percent from the field in the first half, but Georgia Tech finished the frame on a 5-0 run to go into intermission with a 28-23 advantage.
The shooting heated up after halftime. The Mocs drained 54.5 percent of their field goal attempts in the final 20 minutes, but the Yellow Jackets were able to build upon their lead by shooting an even better 60.7 percent.
Georgia Tech won the rebounding battle, 42-25, and it outscored Chattanooga in the paint, 34-20.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds