Hurricanes stun Jackets | News
Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Rion Brown scored 22 points off the bench and Kenny Kadji posted a double-double as the Miami-Florida Hurricanes topped the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 62-49, in the Atlantic Coast Conference opener for each team at McCamish Pavilion.
Kadji finished with 11 points and 14 rebounds for Miami (10-3, 1-0 ACC). Shane Larkin dished out six assists and collected three steals as well.
Mfon Udofia and Kammeon Holsey were the only player in double figures for Georgia Tech (10-3, 0-1) with 10 points each. The Yellow Jackets had a six- game winning streak snapped in the loss.
At the end of the first half Miami led 33-23 after shooting 42.9 percent from the field while holding Georgia Tech to just eight first half field goals.
The shooting woes continued for the Yellow Jackets in the second half as they connected on just 31.0 percent of their shots from the floor. The Hurricanes cooled slightly to 40.0 percent shooting but it was more than enough to secure the win.
Miami outscored Georgia tech 28-16 on points in the paint and had a 40-29 advantage in rebounds.
Top Midtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fire burns at 50-year-old Atlanta business
- GSU's top rookie Merrigan, First-Team SS Prain highlight All-CAA selections
- Formula: Graduation rate soars among Georgia high school students
- Braves, other MLB teams wearing camo uniforms for Memorial Day
- Exclusive Interview: Chrisette Michele opens up about her new look, new book and new music