Brown, Wood help No. 20 NC State past Georgia Tech | News
Raleigh, NC (Sports Network) - Lorenzo Brown scored 21 points, dished out 10 assists and grabbed five rebounds, while Scott Wood added 20 points, as No. 20 North Carolina State used a big second half to down upset-minded Georgia Tech, 83-70.
A game that was nip and tuck into the latter stages of the second half turned fast in the Wolfpack's direction thanks to Brown and Wood, who drained a pair of late threes in the game-deciding stretch.
C.J. Leslie added 19 points with seven rebounds and freshman Rodney Purvis donated 13 points in the win. The Wolfpack (13-2, 2-0 ACC) showcased their depth in their ninth straight win. They went over the 80-point plateau despite a scoreless showing from freshman T.J. Warren, who came into the game averaging 13.4 points per game.
Daniel Miller led Georgia Tech (10-4, 0-2) with 15 points and 10 rebounds, while Mfon Udofia added 13 points and Robert Carter Jr. recorded 12 points and seven rebounds. The Yellow Jackets were playing a true road game for the first time since late November.
Top Midtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GSU's top rookie Merrigan, First-Team SS Prain highlight All-CAA selections
- Formula: Graduation rate soars among Georgia high school students
- Braves, other MLB teams wearing camo uniforms for Memorial Day
- Exclusive Interview: Chrisette Michele opens up about her new look, new book and new music
- Falcons new stadium money approved by NFL owners