No. 10 Maryland women overpower Georgia Tech 66-57 | News
ATLANTA -- Alyssa Thomas scored 28 points and helped No. 10 Maryland dominate the boards in a 66-57 Atlantic Coast Conference victory over Georgia Tech on Sunday.
Thomas also had 10 rebounds, one of three players in double figures for the Terrapins (15-3, 6-1), who piled up a 52-29 rebounding advantage over the Yellow Jackets.
Tianna Hawkins had 14 rebounds to go with 16 points, and Alicia DeVaughn grabbed 12 rebounds and scored 11 points for the Terrapins, who came in leading the nation in rebounding margin at plus-17 per game.
Four consecutive baskets by Thomas started a 15-0 run early in the second half that gave Maryland a 47-31 lead with 14:28 to play.
The Yellow Jackets (8-10, 1-6) whittled the lead to five points, 58-53, with 2:51 left, but they got no closer.
Tyaunna Marshall led Georgia Tech with 18 points.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running