Our network

No injuries in two-alarm restaurant fire in Midtown | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

No injuries in two-alarm restaurant fire in Midtown
News


ATLANTA (WXIA) -- Atlanta Fire crews responded to a two-alarm blaze Tuesday afternoon at the Howell House Restaurant at 720 Peachtree Street, just north of the Fox Theatre.

According to Janet Ward with the Atlanta Fire Department, the blaze was called in shortly before 4 pm. When the first crews arrived, they called for a second alarm due to the heavy smoke they found.

However, they found that the heavy smoke was a result of the fire suppression system inside the restaurant, and that there was very little damage that resulted inside.

Crews checked out the area to make certain that the flames were completely extinguished. No injuries were reported.

News

Midtown Businesses