Crittenton taken to Fulton County Jail | News
ATLANTA -- Former Washington Wizards basketball player Javaris Crittenton has been returned to Atlanta from Los Angeles to face a murder charge.
Fulton County sheriff's office spokeswoman Tracy Flanagan said Crittenton waived his first appearance hearing Friday afternoon. His next court appearance will be at 9 a.m. on Sept. 30.
For now, he remains in the Fulton County Jail.
Crittenton, a former Georgia Tech star, is charged in the death of 22-year-old Julian Jones. She was hit by gunfire during a drive-by shooting.
Police say the shots were aimed at someone walking with her. Crittenton denies any involvement.
Last year, Crittenton pleaded guilty to a gun charge after a locker room altercation with Wizards teammate Gilbert Arenas. He served a year of unsupervised probation.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds