Atlanta to vote on Sunday sales in November | News
ATLANTA -- Atlanta voters will decide on Nov. 8 whether retailers in the city should be allowed to sell beer, wine and distilled spirits on Sundays.
The Georgia Legislature voted this year to give communities the option of allowing Sunday sales. Many cities and counties around the state have scheduled votes on the issue.
The Atlanta City Council voted Monday to authorize Mayor Kasim Reed to enter into a contract with Fulton County to conduct the tally.
Atlanta voters also will vote that day on a school tax extension and to fill a vacancy on the school board.
The city agreed to pay the county up to $17,050 to run the election.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds