Atlanta Pride Guide 2011 | News
ATLANTA--To help you make the most of this year's Atlanta Pride Festival, we've put together a quick guide to the 2011 festival, which is set for Oct. 8-9 in Midtown.
RELATED: Atlanta Pride 2011 events
The weekend begins with the Official Atlanta Pride Kickoff Party at the Georgia Aquarium at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 7.
PHOTOS: Pride Kickoff Party 2010
The festival itself will be held at Piedmont Park from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 8 and Sunday, Oct. 9. One of the highlights of the weekend is the annual Pride Parade at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 9.
PHOTOS: Atlanta Pride Parade 2010
The parade will begin at the Civic Center MARTA Station. The route continues on Peachtree Street and will turn on 10th Street before ending at Piedmont Park.
If you can't make it to the parade, watch it streaming live starting at 1 p.m. Oct. 9 at 11alive.com/Pride.
On Sunday afternoon, don't miss the Southern Comfort Pride Party at Blake's On the Park. The event begins at noon.
RELATED: Gay bars in Atlanta
For more about events in Atlanta, visit atlanta.metromix.com.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running