10 priciest Atlanta neighborhoods for rent | Real Estate
ATLANTA -- Apartments in Atlanta's Buckhead Village neighborhood are commanding the highest rents in the city for a two-bedroom apartment, according to apartment rental company ApartmentList.com.
The average rent price for a two-bedroom apartment in the Buckhead Village neighborhood in December was $1,890 a month, according to the San Francisco-based company.
The other areas of the city with the most expensive rents for a two-bedroom apartment, according to the company, are:
2. Inman Park - Average $1,830.
3. Midtown - Average 1,820.
4. Atlantic Station – Average $1,790.
5. Buckhead Forest – Average $1,760.
6. Home Park – Average $1,680.
7. Old Fourth Ward – Average $1,650.
8. North Buckhead – Average $1,610.
9. Underwood Hills – Average $1,590.
10. Virginia Highland – Average $1,420.
The report also showed rent is up 6.1% in Atlanta over last year, compared to an increase of just 2.8% on a national average. It makes Atlanta the 21st most expensive major city in the U.S.
When the report expanded to the suburbs, Dunwoody has the highest rent for a two-bedroom apartment ($1,330), followed by North Druid Hills ($1,190), and Sandy Springs ($1,060). The average cost of rent in metro Atlanta is $850.