Marlow’s Tavern is bringing saucy back this fall with ribs & whiskey | Restaurants
ATLANTA -- From Tuesday, September 18 through Monday, October 22, Marlow’s Tavern is offering a five-week long “Ribs & Whiskey” menu. During this time, all nine locations will serve up an assortment of saucy and savory ribs along with a variety of seasonal drinks for diners in search of fall fare.
“As the fall season rolls around, our guests look forward to our Ribs & Whiskey menu for the hearty, seasonal flavors,” says Executive Chef/Co-Founder John C. Metz, Jr. “The weather cools down and our guests crave the once-a-year taste the menu brings,” he adds.
The “Ribs & Whiskey” menu offers an assortment of sweet and tangy ribs and drinks to match, including the following:
· Kickin’ chicken verde soup – tender chicken, fresh cilantro, roasted tomatillos, fall sweet corn and chili cream ($6)
Marlow’s smoke-house flatbread – slow-roasted pulled pork basted with chipotle BBQ sauce, pepper jack cheese, vine-ripe tomato, fresh scallion and crispy tobacco onions ($9)
· A pig with buns – slow-roasted pulled pork with chipotle BBQ sauce, crispy tobacco onions on buttery soft roll with Granny Smith apple cabbage slaw ($11)
· BBQ blazed Cobb salad – BBQ chicken, crisp field greens, Roma tomato, apple-smoked bacon, sweet corn & black bean salsa, slivered red onions and BBQ gorgonzola dressing ($11)
· Drunken chicken – Prestige Farms chicken, blazed with Jack Daniel’s® honey, creamed Swiss chard, jalapeño corn grits and house-made sweet corn & jalapeño muffin ($15)
· Slow-cooked St. Louis-style ribs – served with Granny Smith apple, cabbage slaw, Southern-fried mac & pimento cheese and house-made sweet corn & jalapeño muffin (half rack, $15 | full rack, $22)
· Marlow’s ribs & whiskey hookup – slow-cooked St. Louis-style ribs and drunken chicken “sauced up” with Granny Smith apple, cabbage slaw, Southern-fried mac & pimento cheese and house-made sweet corn & jalapeño muffin ($23)
· Bourbon bread pudding – Crème Brûlée soaked ciabatta, vanilla bean and a splash of Honey Jack for sipping ($7)
To slather up the ribs, Marlow’s is offering a choice of a Jack Daniel’s glaze, perfecting the combination of sweet, spicy and smoky with a hint of Jack Daniel’s Honey Whiskey, and traditional Carolina mustard BBQ sauce with dashes of tang and spice. To round out the meal, side items such as Granny Smith apple cabbage slaw and southern fried mac and pimento cheese ($3 each) will be served.
Rib-ticklin’ drink offerings to complement the fall flavors of the limited-time menu include the following:
· Red Rock ginger ale – Atlanta’s own since 1885, made with natural cane sugar ($3)
- A kick from ginger – The original Kentucky bourbon, Old Forrester®, meets the original Atlanta ginger ale, Red Rock® ($8.5)
· Georgia peach lemonade – Minute Maid® Lemonade, peach nectar, Jack Daniel’s® Honey and a frozen peach ($9)
· R&W s’weet tea – Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka, fresh lemon, agave nectar, topped with a shot of Shock Top beer and a kick of orange ($9)
· Black Cabin Smoked Ale – Crown Valley Brewing Company’s hazelnut brown beer, flavorful, smoky undertones, enhanced with chocolate, black and smoked malts ($5.5)
· Villa Wolf Pinot Gris, Pfalz, Germany ’10 – Bright, fresh, tropical fruits with good depth, medium to full-body with good length and satisfying crackle ($8.5)
· Cartlidge and Browne, Pinot Noir, Central Coast ’10 – Classic Pinot Noir with aromas of cherry and plum with nutmeg and violets, full-bodied and ripe black fruit ($9)