Subway celebrates 500th Metro Atlanta store | Restaurants
ATLANTA -- With the arrival of several new stores this month, Subway celebrates the opening of more than 500 stores in Metro Atlanta since its first location in 1977.
This milestone is a testament to the Subway brand and the franchisees who have made it so successful in the Atlanta area -- not to mention the world, as Subway is the planet's largest restaurant chain with over 34,000 locations.
"We continue to offer a dining experience that meets the changing tastes and needs of our loyal patrons, so it is no surprise to see this important achievement," said Christi Estis, director of operations for Subway Development of Atlanta. "We could not have reached this milestone without the dedication of our model franchisees and employees. They come from an array of backgrounds and career paths, but each shares the commitment and drive needed to run their own stores."
This year, Subway is also proud to continue its partnership with the University of Georgia as the official sandwich of the Georgia Bulldogs. Employees mark this four-year partnership by wearing UGA shirts in restaurants across the state.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds