Lottery sales soar to highest ever | Shopping & Services
ATLANTA -- The Georgia Lottery just experienced its best sales week ever.
Georgia Lottery sales for the week ending February 11 soared to over $101.2 million, more than $5 million ahead of the previous record set in 2007.
RELATED | CNN producer reports second lottery win
Increased Georgia Lottery sales mean more dollars for the HOPE Scholarship and pre-K programs.
Sales were strong across the board, with Powerball and KENO! having their highest sales week in Georgia Lottery history. Cash 3, Cash 4 and instant games enjoyed their highest sales week of the fiscal year.
Instant games led the pack with nearly $68 million in sales. Last week's $336 million Powerball jackpot pulled in over $9 million.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds